MV Financial is a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) in Bethesda, Maryland providing wealth management services for high net worth individuals, family businesses, nonprofit foundations, endowments and pension and retirement plan sponsors. Our methodology is research-driven, innovative and customized to provide sound, lasting investment strategies.
Our Retirement Plan Practice designs and manages 403(b) and 457 deferred compensation plans with a specialty in working with TIAA plan sponsors, helping academic and nonprofits:
- Upgrade from individual annuity contracts to TIAA’s open-architecture investment platform.
- Improve their existing TIAA open-architecture investment platform with enhanced services.
- Upgrade to a non-TIAA, open-architecture investment platform.
We work closely with TIAA, as well as third party administrators that are expert in working directly with TIAA, so that TIAA plan sponsors attain the maximum value of their plans.
Our Employee Benefits Practice designs and manages corporate and nonprofit employer-sponsored group health and welfare benefits plans, i.e. medical, dental, pharmacy, life and disability benefits. This practice works collaboratively with our Retirement Plan Practice.
The MV Financial Retirement Plan Practice helps Plan Sponsors as an advisor, advocate and overall “quarterback”, providing:
- Improved Support and Service – Most TIAA plans are on their own, with limited help in dealing with important elements such as: plan design, fiduciary protection, cost efficiencies, duplicative administration processes, investment selection, plan education, and plan/individual investment support.
- Plan Design Review – We review and implement appropriate plan features, such as: plan eligibility; compensation definitions; vesting schedules; use of auto-enrollment and auto-contribution increases; and addition of Roth deferrals.
- Investment Selection Advice from Registered Investment Advisors - We provide independent, objective investment advice from RIA professionals operating within a business model that requires a higher fiduciary standard within the industry. This standard has fewer conflicts of interest and greater client alignment.
- Selection of a Plan Administrator – We help you select the proper administrator, ensuring that your plan is compliant with ERISA and completes all required tax filings.
- Selection of a Recordkeeper – We help you select the proper recordkeeper, ensuring that you have toll-free access, account tracking, and investment reporting for participants.
- Coordination of Plan Administration and Recordkeeping Services – We ensure that plan participants receive prompt and correct information on your plan.
- Fiduciary Protection – We provide the full array of fiduciary protection, including full ERISA 3(38) protection, joint 3(21) protection and, through TPAs, administrative 3(16) protection.
- Cost Analysis – We help you understand all fees and areas of potential cost reduction.
- Plan and Individual Education – We help you increase plan participation and ensure that participants are appropriately invested and able to reach their individual retirement plan goals.
As retirement plan experts, we are helping plan sponsors improve their current plans. Let us show you how we can improve yours.
For additional information, contact: Andrea Kessler, Senior Executive at email@example.com or call at 301-656-6545.